Striding Edge play wedding ceilidhs in venues ranging from four-star hotels to village halls and marquees. Weddings are a speciality of ours: So let us round off your big day in style!
- A wedding ceilidh usually comprises of two and half hours of music with a break after the first hour.
- Ceilidh dances are chosen to suit your guests and explained and ‘called’ by our two expert dance callers.
- For the first dance, popular choices are either our traditional Snowball Mixer Waltz or a song from your iPod / phone played through our sound system.
For the first dance, we would recommend a Snowball Mixer Waltz :
- Bride and Groom take the floor, take each other in a ballroom hold and waltz together, or sway romantically!
- When Mike calls, bride and groom each go and find a new partner to bring on the floor (In-laws are a popular choice!)
- When Mike calls again, all four go and bring new partners onto the floor.
- Mike calls, these eight dancers then all go and find new partners.
- We continue like this until everyone is up on the floor dancing!
- In between our ceilidh dances, get your breath back or dance with your partner to our romantic songs and stirring tunes.
Create extra atmosphere to any part of your wedding day where your guests gather: A choice of players and instruments.
Carry on the music after the ceilidh has finished:
Provide your playlist on iPod or phone and we will play it through our sound system.